Hire Society realises that hiring equipment for the first time can seem a little daunting, so we’ve put together this list to help you understand how it works, what is expected from you and what you can expect from us. You’ll find more detail in the FAQs section and if you still feel unsure, you are welcome to call our showroom where our friendly team will be more than happy to help.
What you need to know:
- There is no minimum order – you can literally order a single teaspoon if that is all you need!
- Our hire prices are per use, not per day. This means if you use the items for a single event, you only need to pay one hire fee. If your event starts early or finishes late, there is the option to receive your goods the day before or return them the day after for no extra charge. This is subject to stock availability. We do not open on Sundays or Public Holidays and do not charge for days when we are closed.
- Your order is flexible. We understand that numbers go up and down, the weather changes and unexpected things happen. Once an order has been placed with us you are welcome to change it as often as you like, subject to these conditions:
- Orders may be added to at any time prior to leaving the warehouse, subject to stock availability.
- Orders may be reduced at any time up to two business days before the stock is due to leave the warehouse. (Orders are packed two business days prior, and once an order has been packed items cannot be removed.)
- Orders over $1500 require a 20% deposit to be paid within 30 days.
- All orders must be paid for in full a minimum of two business days prior to leaving the warehouse,
- Different hire items have different collection and delivery requirements. Many of our items are available for both delivery and customer collection. Some items are delivery only, and some are collection only. The Hire Store details the requirements of each item. No exceptions can be made to these rules.
- A credit card number is required to confirm your order. In addition to full payment of goods in advance, we ask that you provide credit card details to confirm your order and as security for the goods. Payment for your hire can be made by alternative means if preferred, but card details are still required. The card details will be kept on file until all goods are returned, and any losses, damages or breakages will be charged to the card at that time in line with our terms and conditions.
- Goods must be returned before 10am on the return date printed on your Hire Contract. Goods not returned by this time on the return date may be subject to additional hire fees and/or full replacement costs. Should you wish to keep your item for an extended period, please call the showroom to discuss your options before 10am on the specified day of return.
- Any breakages, losses or damages are charged after the event. Once your items are returned to our warehouse they are assessed by our Returns team and breakages, losses and damages are noted. Where losses or damages are within 10% of the value of the hire, the credit card on file is automatically charged. For unusually high losses or damages, a member of our team will try to reach you to discuss prior to charging the card. Unless dangerous, damaged items will be kept in our warehouse for 7 days for inspection.
If you have any questions about our Hire Service and cannot find the answers within the FAQ section, please contact our Showroom and we will be happy to assist.